YAQ Berlin

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

YAQ Berlin

Postby theLizard » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Is there a known issue re Berlin NOT compiling units after modification to the unit?

I am having issues where I make changes to unit(s) place a break point on a line containing the change, compile and run.

The changes I make do not seem to have taken effect and act as if no changes were made, inspection of values that should have been applied due to changes made show the values from before the changes were made.

In this case, this problem affects components, the steps I have taken to try and rectify this behavior have been, uninstall, clean then recompile. I also have Pre-compiled headers->Enable smart cached = false
In Linker I have Clear state before linking = true (this solved an earlier problem when I was getting Access Violations without first Clear-ing project)

Lines which are commented out are stepped into as well.

Are ther other options I should be looking at?
theLizard
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Re: YAQ Berlin

Postby HsiaLin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:03 pm

If you are debugging a component, what i do is open 2 IDEs. One has the component loaded,
the other is a program im using the component in. Everytime you make a mod to the component
IDE, you reinstall it after a recompile, then you have to close and reopen your program IDE to
reload the new mods, it wont do it automatically.

PS good luck with that in Berlin, it locked up nearly 4 out of 5 times for me when closing it down.
I went back to XE5.
HsiaLin
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby theLizard » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:20 pm

HsiaLin wrote:If you are debugging a component,

No, not exactly, it's when I am debugging the app that uses the components, it's as if the old build of component is still loaded in memory even after an uninstall and clean.

The only way around this is to shutdown Berlin then install components at which time it behaves as it should.

HsiaLin wrote:PS good luck with that in Berlin, it locked up nearly 4 out of 5 times for me when closing it down.

ATM, I am not experiencing that, I get an occasional violation but that may be 1 in 20.

With some luck, my problem (if it's not to do with some options being set) will be fixed in the up coming update (fingers crossed).

Apart from my initial hair pulling moments, I am reasonable happy with Berlin, has given me a lot of ideas which I have put into place and looking very good.

Cheers.
theLizard
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby HsiaLin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Yeah berlin looks good, i will go back to it once they fix most of the bugs. The
2 bugs that are show stoppers for me are the shutdown freeze, and another one
where if you hit F8 after an edit it will give error running. It doesnt do that error
everytime you use the IDE tho, its like something breaks during startup now
and then.
HsiaLin
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Return to Technical