What's the best C++ Builder Book ?

This is the forum for general discussion.

Moderator: 2ffat

Re: What's the best C++ Builder Book ?

Postby Jan de Lange » Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi Aris,

Thanks for your advice.

I'll check out the chart tool, that should be useful in many cases.

On the games programming book, I'm afraid my hardware doesn't qualify (see below). Remember OWL?

I agree, they (who are they actually?) have almost stopped writing books some years ago. There is one rather recent book on Amazon: "C++ mit dem Borland C++Builder 2007: Einführung in den C++-Standard und die objektorientierte Windows-Programmierung" (2007), and though my German is pretty good, I don't buy computer books in any language but English as any other language renders a large portion of the contents useless. Imagine searching in a Dutch or German index for the word 'overloading' or any other term. Horrible.

Jan
Attachments
What you need.gif
Those were the days (1993)
What you need.gif (23.14 KiB) Viewed 10792 times
Jan de Lange

Postby arisme » Mon May 17, 2010 12:38 pm

Jan de Lange wrote:On the games programming book, I'm afraid my hardware doesn't qualify (see below). Remember OWL?

Ouch! The vendor of that museum piece should be barred from using the internet for a thousand years at least.

My apologies, I never imagined sprite graphics would still be of interest today.

This forum post might be useful for your first contact with TChart.

Aris
arisme
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby arisme » Tue May 18, 2010 12:19 am

An afterthought.
Jan de Lange wrote:Wouldn't it be nice to start by taking apart such programs made by others and thus figure out how this is done? Copy, modify, paste and learn.

In case you have not yet explored it, there is plenty of code of all types in the C++Builder Developer's Journal.

The BCBCAQ section might be particularly useful to a newcomer.

Aris
arisme
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby Jan de Lange » Tue May 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Aris,

Yes I have found it and I am indeed browsing its contents. I was also thinking of getting the CD.

Jan
Jan de Lange

Previous

Return to General