Wanted: BCB 5 Pro with license

This is the forum for general discussion.

Moderator: 2ffat

Wanted: BCB 5 Pro with license

Postby kevins » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Hello, I have rather large project in BCB 5. I plan to port up to BCB 2009, but there is maintenance to do in parallel, so I need to buy a licensed version of BCB 5 Pro. I found a copy of BCB 5 Standard on http://www.recycledsoftware.com, is it possible to upgrade the Standard version to Pro? If not I'm willing to pay a fair price for BCB 5 Pro if anyone here has a copy they are willing to part with. Cheers, Kevin.
kevins

Re: Wanted: BCB 5 Pro with license

Postby rlebeau » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:00 pm

kevins wrote:Hello, I have rather large project in BCB 5. I plan to port up to BCB 2009, but there is maintenance to do in parallel, so I need to buy a licensed version of BCB 5 Pro. I found a copy of BCB 5 Standard on http://www.recycledsoftware.com, is it possible to upgrade the Standard version to Pro? If not I'm willing to pay a fair price for BCB 5 Pro if anyone here has a copy they are willing to part with. Cheers, Kevin.

You should be contacting CodeGear/Embarcadero directly about this.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Postby kevins » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 pm

That's interesting, I didn't imagine they would sell direct, especially BCB 5 which is very obsolete.

Are you suggesting that it might be possible to purchase BCB 2009 Pro and CodeGear will provide a licensed BCB 5 download on the same license? Or are you saying get more info from CodeGear about the Stardard to Pro upgrade?

I know that Microsoft does this with Visual Studio to a certain degree. Thank you for your suggestion! Cheers, Kevin.
kevins

Postby rlebeau » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 am

kevins wrote:Are you suggesting that it might be possible to purchase BCB 2009 Pro and CodeGear will provide a licensed BCB 5 download on the same license?

No. But they might be able to help you get a copy of BCB 5 separately.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Postby arisme » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 am

A few years ago, here in the UK, the British office of Borland always had boxed sets of previous versions that were available at reduced prices. It was probable that headquarters may not have known or cared about the leftovers too much, always being focussed on the latest and greatest.

So, if you get no joy from HQ, it might be worth contacting a few regional offices directly.

Aris
arisme
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Postby relipse » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey I've got BCB 6 PRO in box with license, i bought it fresh at factory price, i can sell it to you for a fair deal + shipping.
I dont know if you can use bcb 6 pro, but i remember a while ago i updated bcb 5 projects to bcb 6.

i'll be sure to uninstall it and unregister before I do that, but thought you might be interested.
relipse
Top Poster
Top Poster

Return to General