Articles about using XML please

This is the forum to discuss the Journal's content, article suggestions, etc.

Moderator: 2ffat

Articles about using XML please

Postby ProgMan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:19 am

Like I suggest to C++ Builder Developer's Journal about a year ago, I'd like to read articles about using XML (SAX and DOM) parser (like Xerces) with C++ Builder professional: installation and use (application).

I'd like to use something more tranportable (Windows, Linux, etc.), freed from platforms, more standard, more universal (so, I want to stay away as far as I can from anything from Microsoft), more portable.

I want to access data, as easily as possible, from file in XML format using DTD or Schema like file used by OpenOffice.org, DocBook or C++ Builder[/b]'s project file.

The trend take by [b]C++ Builder Developer's Journal
since a year, mostly database (TDataSource), Web (WebSnap, Intraweb, Web Server), graphics (GDI) and programming techniques (Multithreading, Singletons, Synchronization, Design Patterns, Bit fields, Exceptions, auto_ptr, functionoids), don't meet my needs.

I can find a lot of information about programming techniques elsewhere (others magazines, books and Internet), so I don't need it in C++ Builder Developer's Journal; I need C++ Builder Developer's Journal to show me how to do special things with C++ Builder. Database (may be too much), graphics and Web are OK, but C++ Builder Developer's Journal lacks XML a lot.

XML is very important. Web will already depends on it (every browser must support it, XML and XHTML). All software will have to support it (if not supporting it yet, like OpenOffice.org). There's already a lot of files formats standard using XML. It used in all domains: Internet, desktop software and even database.

So, why there's nothing yet about it in C++ Builder Developer's Journal?
ProgMan

Postby Damon » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:48 pm

Hi,
This is a good suggestion, and I will pass this info along to our editors. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Damon
Damon
BCBJ Editor and Admin
BCBJ Editor and Admin

Re: Articles about using XML please

Postby monika » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:41 am

There's been a few articles on boost, e.g., Januay 2010 [Using Boost: circular_buffer (M. Smith)] and March 2010 [Using Boost: Boost.Any (M. Smith)].
Are you worried about cisco ccna dumps exam ccnp wireless preparation? We offer up-to-dated ccie lab schedule practice questions and www.holycross.edu dumps with Sterling College exam pass guarantee of mcts training.
monika

Return to Articles