C++Builder 2006 Articles

This is the forum to discuss the Journal's content, article suggestions, etc.

Moderator: 2ffat

C++Builder 2006 Articles

Postby stukelly » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:08 am

Hi,

Will the C++Builder Developers Journal include articles for C++Builder 2006 when it is released?

It looks like there will be a lot of useful new features to cover. Maybe there could be a poll to see which features developers would like to read about.

Stuart :)
stukelly
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Postby Damon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:52 pm

Hi Stuart,

Bob Swart is scheduled to start a series on C++Builder 2006 for the December--or, at latest, the January--issue. Should be some very interesting material. (As always, we also welcome material on this topic from readers.)

And thanks for the poll suggestion! I will definitely use it for the November issue (due out very soon now).

Cheers,
Damon
Damon Chandler
Editor-in-Chief
C++Builder Developer's Journal
http://bcbjournal.com
Damon
BCBJ Editor and Admin
BCBJ Editor and Admin

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:31 am

First of all, let me say I am extremely disappointed with BCB 2006. It does not feel familiar and I feel like having to learn to use BCB all over again. Even the simplest of things like installing an ActiveX component like WMP and making it appear on the component bar (easy in BCB5) I cannot get accomplished. Also a lot of things that are supported for Delphi are not for BCB. I can go on but I won't.
Anticipating problems, and reading Bob Swart's promise he would start writing articles about BCB 2006 by the end of last year, I subscribed to BCB journal. I am still waiting. I find it totally incomprehensible that a magazine entirely devoted to C++ Builder is completely ignoring such a major upgrade.

So my first question is, is BCBJ dead? If not, can everyone please wake up?

Second, does anyone know any reading material, books or magazines, that can help me make the transition from BCB5 to 2006?

Thanks!
Mike

Postby stukelly » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Damon Chandler has started a series of artices about C++Builder 2006 in the February 2006 issue.

Please post any problems your having with the new release in the Technical group.

Stuart
stukelly
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:48 am

He did? Cool. I have an email subscription but somehow I never received this issue (just double checked) so will have to go and download it manually. Thanks.
Mike

Postby stukelly » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:38 am

Try e-mailing support@bcbjournal.com about not receiving issues via e-mail. Mine arrive ok every month.
stukelly
BCBJ Guru
BCBJ Guru

Postby Mike » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:53 am

Thanks, mine did as well just not this issue.
Mike

Postby HsiaLin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:33 pm

I just tried BDS and am very disappointed. Seems they are trying to turn BCB ide into MSVC ide. Everything that made BCB great seems to be disappearing with each build that is released. The only thing thats easy to do in 2006/2007 versions is clicking the X to close it down.
HsiaLin
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Return to Articles